Текущее время: 22 сен 2017, 21:41

Hunger under the Microscope

Администратор
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 янв 2013, 21:45
Darkwolf:
Nearly every one of those who have experienced the desire for blood and feel the need for regular consumption asked himself at least once, “What do I drink blood for? Why does my boy require it?” Some suggest that a Sang receives life energy with blood, while others think that it’s only a psychological addiction. Of course, these hypothesise are fairly controversial and only increase the number of questions. There were speculations about some people’s physical need for blood, but there is no reliable data or information about any studies on Sanguinarian physiology to date.
Until recently, I myself believed that blood carries a special kind of energy, like the one that energy vampires consume. Shortage of this energy is the very thing that causes Sangs to look for that which contains it in large quantities, that is blood. However, after I’ve studies the specifics of energy vampire feeding, I have concluded that blood gives Sangs something different from energy, comparable to psi or prana.
On a summer night I’ve been browsing the community, reading discussions, articles and pondering over this question. Suddenly, I had an idea, “What if the energy is restored in Sang’s body directly, while blood is some kind of catalyst, which contains a component or a set of components which cause the body to function properly and produce the amount of energy adequate for normal life?” Of course, changes in the condition of the body would have to be reflected physiologically. But in order to keep track of these changes was need information about the state of Sanguinarian’s body before and after feeding. I did not look up information about this type of research on the internet, for a single reason. I needed the data I could trust, which does not exist on the web. So I decided to experiment on my own body. But, you know, one organism is not enough, so I decided to engage another sang in the experiment. I turned to Twiggy with the idea and suggested that we conduct the research together.

Тwiggy:
I have always been sceptical about my addiction to regular blood consumption. Ever since I have realised that I possess such an addiction, I have accepted it as a strange and deviant psychological habit, that developed after sever consuming the stuff on occasion several times. I always treated any attempt by others to justify this addiction physiologically with irony and absolute disbelief.
But really almost anyone who ever felt the exhausting thirst for blood thought in these moments, “It can’t be that there are no physical changes in my body in times of hunger, since I feel that something is wrong with me”. If there are changes, then they can be diagnosed medically. In other countries people who say that they feel a need for blood have long raised interest of the public. Sometimes it attracted health workers, who tried to identify physiological differences of Sangs and ordinary people. No differences were detected, and the doctors concluded, "These people are not diagnosed with any abnormalities in their bodies, which could cause such a strange addiction."
In August 2010, we were discussing this topic with Darkwolf. He suggested that I try to find a lab, where it would be possible to conduct a series of experiments. We set a different purpose for these experiments than the one set by foreign doctors, engaged in studying Sangs. We didn’t try to find physiological differences of Sangs from other people.
Our goal is to identify the physical changes that occur in the body of a Sang during the hunger period and after consuming blood, as well as to identify the physiological basis for the need for blood.
In this article we decided to share the results of the first diagnostics, the first bold predictions, based on the data, and the ideas for further experiments. These future experiments would help to develop hypotheses about the causes of a possible physiological dependence of a Sang on drinking blood. Once again, all the material in the article is based on medical data, subjective assumptions, and preliminary findings. We take into account the possibility of individual manifestations of these pathologies, as only two people have participated in the study so far. We will try to obtain statistical evidence only in the future. So all the conclusions in the article are tentative and require further experimental studies in this area.

It all started with suspected hematopoietic regenerative deficiency based on the following data:
1) Low hemoglobin at the age of 5-11 years
2) The volatility of hemoglobin in complete blood tests over the course of the last 10 years
3) Many of the symptoms, which I described as the symptoms of hunger, resemble hemic hypoxia
Symptoms similar to those of the patients with anemic syndrome: paleness of skin and mucous membranes, physical weakness, fatigue, headaches, muscle pain, dizziness, shortness of breath with increased physical activity, tachycardia, taste perversion (physicians associated it with the primary desire for blood), increased appetite, somnolence, insomnia, and nervous attrition.
Individual symptoms: bitter taste in the mouth, dry mouth, thirst, increased irritability.
The point is, in medical practice craving for blood is regarded as a food perversion similar to people wanting to chew chalk, earth, raw ground beef, etc. Some people with anemia develop a strong taste for blood, which is not unreasonable, because blood contain the factors, the deficiency of which causes symptoms of the disease. In childhood, my extremely low levels of hemoglobin (which sometimes reached 80) did not result in any symptoms of anemia, and doctors wrote it off as a consequence of low muscle mass and only recommended diet as treatment. In the recent blood tests, the hemoglobin value was much higher and, although it is a bit lower than normal, it cannot be a reason to diagnose anemia. It marked fluctuations in the normal range, but quite significant. There were quite strong fluctuations within the normal range.

Based on these data, the first thing that we decided to pay attention to is the correlation between variations in haemoglobin and expression of symptoms as well as oral administration of whole blood (that’s what they call it =)). The pattern of tests was chosen as follows. The test subject waited two weeks after the most recent blood intake and then passed the blood test. After that the subject passes the blood test every week for however long he can go without taking blood. Once he does he undergoes the test one more time in a week. I passed the detailed analysis for anemia diagnostics and a blood chemistry test.
I lasted three weeks and passed the tests four times. The first two took place on October, 1 and 8, two and three weeks after the most recent blood intake. The third time took place on October, 11, two days after consuming blood. The fourth took place in four more days, on October, 15.
Those are the results obtained in the tests:
I. Haemoglobin fluctuations
1) 01.10. - 114 g/l
2) 08.10 - 106 g/l
3) 11.10 - 118 g/l
4) 15.10 - 127 g/l

II. Erythrocytes
The shape and color index is normal. Fluctuations in the number of red blood cells:
1) 01.10. - 3,3 *1012/l
2) 08.10 – 3,1 *1012/l
3) 11.10 – 3,5 *1012/l
4) 15.10 - 3,8 *1012/l

II. Reticulocytes
1) 01.10. - 0.3%
2) 08.10 - 0.3%
3) 11.10 - 3.24%
4) 15.10 - 9.35%

IV. MCH (mean corpuscular hemoglobin): 27.6 m, normal, unchanged.

V. MCHC (mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration): 32.4 g / dl, normal, unchanged.

VI. MCV (mean corpuscular volume): 85 fl, normal, unchanged.

VII. Hematocrit
1) 01.10. - 31.3%
2) 08.10 - 31.0%
3) 11.10 - 31.7%
4) 15.10 - 33%

From the data presented we can conclude that there is a periodic decrease in the regenerative activity of bone marrow, which leads to a dramatic reduction in reticulocytes in the peripheral blood.
Biochemistry: serum iron over time (which increases with the development of the anemic syndrome), the percentage of transferrin iron saturation is high. Regenerative nature of syndrome with complete disappearance of symptoms is observed.

Additional diagnostic procedures (required to determine the cause of the anemic syndrome and the overall picture of pathogenesis)
1) Study of the sternal puncture (myelogram)
2) Bilirubin studies, presence of reticulocytes and sterkobillin in feces
3) Gastroscopy and biopsy of the gastric mucosa
4) Gastric acidity study (with gastrin) or PH-metry
5) Determine blood levels of vitamin B12 and folate.

The anemic syndrome, which develops during the periods of hunger, is deficient, meaning that the body lacks some substance or element or a set of elements which are important factors in one of the stages of hematopoiesis (blood cell production), in this particular case, erythropoiesis (formation of red blood cells). But this has not been confirmed, another reason for the decrease in hemoglobin concentration can be hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells for some reason), however no signs of hemolysis are present at the time. Red blood cells of normal size and shape and they are sufficiently saturated with hemoglobin. That is, the decrease in hemoglobin concentration is caused only by a decrease in the number of red blood cells. This is also evidenced by the decrease in hematocrit and total red blood cell count. Anemia is not caused by iron deficiency, which is confirmed by the high level of serum iron in my blood, the protein transferrin (which delivers iron to the site of heme synthesis, which is the iron-containing part of hemoglobin) is in sufficient quantity and is saturated with iron.
Formation of red blood cells occurs in several stages. First, normoblasts are formed from the undifferentiated cells of bone marrow. Then they are saturated with hemoglobin and turn into reticulocytes and enter peripheral blood. In a few days they lose the nucleus and become mature erythrocytes. That means that the significant increase in the percentage of reticulocytes indicates a strong hematopoiesis in two to three days after consuming blood. This is called a reticulocyte crisis. This crisis is detected in patients with IDA (iron deficiency anemia), when they start to take iron supplements.

Darkwolf:
I, along with Twiggy, conducted the same study. I ran blood tests before and after feeding. To accomplish this, I deliberately "starved" for three weeks and then went to the lab. The results showed that the concentration of hemoglobin was 128 g/l and they also revealed the variation in size of red blood cells and hemoglobin saturation. They were smaller than normal with MCV (mean corpuscular volume) equal to 78.8 fl and the concentration of hemoglobin in them was above the norm (MCHC 36,6 g/dl). There was also low hematocrit (only 35%). Repeated analysis, done after 40 hours after feeding, showed increase in the number of erythrocytes (from 4.44 to 4.7 * 1012/l) and increase in hemoglobin levels up to 136 g/l. Calculation of reticulocytes was not conducted in the tests.

Twiggy:
Based on the diagnostic data, as well as medical opinion, we can draw the following conclusions:
1) There is a clear association between the activation of the blood and blood-forming functions of the bone marrow, which is reflected in an increase in hemoglobin concentration and the percentage of reticulocytes in the peripheral blood.
2) The cause of the symptoms that we relate to the "hunger" may be the reduction of regenerative activity of bone marrow cells, which leads to a reduction or change in other normative characteristics of red blood cells (such as shape, size, color saturation), and, hence, to the reduction in their functional activity (hemic hypoxia).
3) The consumption of whole blood activates erythropoiesis with the help of a certain factor and blocks further development of anemic syndrome. Therefore, regular blood intake maintains hemoglobin at an optimum level.
4) Physical symptoms of "hunger" disappear completely in one and a half to two days from the time of blood consumption, which corresponds to the release of a large number of reticulocytes into the peripheral blood (reticulocyte crisis) and the general increase in the concentration of hemoglobin in the blood.
I want to add a very important point to these conclusions.
Here, the anemia as it is is out of question. Anemia leads to a steady decline in haemoglobin levels below the norm. Elimination of symptoms of anemia and increase in hemoglobin levels may only happen as a result in the treatment of anemia, depending on the cause, type, and nature of its development. In this case, the hemoglobin levels do not fall significantly below normal values and they are quickly restored upon blood consumption. This blocks further development of anemia and, accordingly, its symptoms without any additional treatment.
That’s what we have been able to identify so far. But as it is often the case, an attempt to answer one question raises many new ones, which are yet to be answered. What is the reason for the decline of the hematopoietic function? What kind of factors contained in whole blood and at what stage of erythropoiesis are used by the organism? Is this quality inborn or acquired as a consequence of psychological addiction? Are the fluctuations of hemoglobin levels the cause of described symptoms or is it simply a consequence of consuming blood? What is the direct cause of the craving for blood? We need a lot of effort and time to answer all these questions as well as being ready both physically and psychologically. It is not as simple is it may seem at the first glance. But there is a need for these studies, since they may allow us to have a fresh look on ourselves.
For now we only have subjective assumptions on the matter. It’s hard to tell whether this phenomenon is inborn or acquired. Most likely the predisposition to it is inborn. Something pushes the body to the first sip of blood, something makes it crave for blood. Everyone may have a different reason, but maybe it's a genetic anomaly shared by all. But the development of the mechanism which uses certain substances from the blood to enhance the body’s own hematopoiesis occurs gradually. The body adapts to do it using someone else's blood getting more and more efficient each time. So the greater the effect, the greater gets the dependence. Therefore the need for blood can grows over time and symptoms of hunger become more aggravating.

Darkwolf:
Another question yet to be answered is how high hemoglobin may rise through consumption of human blood. Although, of course, even if the results of the experiment will be 30 units, it is not necessary to raise the dose. The level will fall faster with the onset of hunger. It is similar to water being poured down a thin tube. At first, it flows through faster and then slows down. If you pour less water it will not flow through much faster. The same occurs with our body, the greater the excess the faster it is expended.
And finally, if you have any doubt and you want to test your own body for the changes that occur during the period of hunger, we provide you with some recommendations.
1) You can go to any non-free lab in your town and pass the following tests without having to answer any personal questions: complete blood count with reticulocyte count and biochemistry for serum iron levels (to exclude iron deficiency anemia). To see the results over time, make a schedule of tests. They should be done several times during the hunger period (to see the dynamics of reduction in hemoglobin concentration) and one and three days after consuming blood (to see the dynamics of its increase). But in that case, be prepared to delve a little in the medical literature to understand these matters yourself.
2) You can contact your precinct or (if you want secrecy) a paid therapist during the hunger period and complain about symptoms. He will appoint further examination himself. It's up to you whether to say that you drink blood or not.

Written by Darkwolf, Twiggy
Translated by Waylander
everything beautiful dies
присоединяйтесь к нам http://live.sanguinarius.ru/ ;)
Администратор
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 янв 2013, 23:32
Прелесть! Передай низкий поклон от меня переводчику, отличная работа.
Надеюсь, хоть кто-то из иностранцев сумеет это осилить прочесть )))) Думаю, что можно размещать на сангвинариусе. :)
присоединяйтесь к нам http://live.sanguinarius.ru/ ;)

СообщениеДобавлено: 20 янв 2013, 23:49
Да, мне тоже очень понравился перевод!
И мои благодарности передайте человеку за старания! :)
Ночной странник

Вернуться в Переводы для иностранных сообществ